Monday 21 March 2011

Punk Type

Oh type. You are not my strong point but I'm going to give you a go, for now. I'm just working out how I'd layout the pages/posters for the stereotype brief. I decided to go with the obvious and have the caption for the stereotype match what the character is.

Here's Punks:



And here's how I did it:

Two separate pre-made type faces. (Assassins Dub & Fear of Punk Planet respectively) Neither one was quite what I was looking for as I wanted the type to have a more illustrative feel.

Warped and merged the two together like the Frankenstein I am.


Duplicated layer, half the opacity and layer stacked over the top.

Not that you can tell, but a quick tidy up on the letters, joining the front layer to the back.
Added a new pattern onto the letters with the pen tool.
Gradient applied. (Black and white, changed blending mode)
Added texture.
Blending mode changed to a linear burn.

Second gradient (orange and pink) on a screen layer.
Moved the U ever so slightly.
And the outline added (before I cleaned it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment