Saturday 12 March 2011

Frinton Press, Octo Boy

I toyed around of the idea of making a small character for the wrapping paper and began to draw a boy with antlers. Then I remember that already existed and it turned into an octopus. I'm not sure why it turned into an octopus, it just did.





And then playing around with tessellation ideas.

Started off way to hectic when I have to consider the possibly of another illustration on top of this one.



Working with the idea of tessellation again, I decided to go with simple stars that leave the character in tact and easy to pattern on a piece of paper.



I think I'm going to go with the circle star. Next step, black inks and then that's a design ticked off in less than an hour. Seeing as how the competition doesn't have a limit, I'm thinking of doing a range of five and sending all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment