Wednesday 23 March 2011

Brief 1; New Route

Mini evaluation;
The route I have taken with the stereotypes brief is starting to look less aesthetically pleasing than it first did. So far I have only drawn 1 character in full and the page layouts for the publication are starting to look more like stand alone posters. (Which is fine for the range, but not for book.)

Original Idea:
My original idea was simply to illustrate stereotypical items/concepts we associate with certain stereotypes.

I want to give the publication more of a context and so I started wondering about stereotypes and our perceived notion of them. About how we judge people on first appearance and nothing else. But then this whole idea of "Be offended. nothing happened" popped into my mind. People might judge you on your appearance and your hobby's only, but that shouldn't mean that it should effect you in anyway.

Steve Hughes can illustrate this better than I can;


It's also where the tittle for the publication will come from "Be offended, nothing happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment