Thursday 10 March 2011

Genius Toddler

Toddler Know Counting Rules At 18 Months.

I think this is the last New Scientist Brief I'm going to do this week. Going to leave it a few days to concentrate on more substantial briefs.

This is going to be one of the quicker and simpler ones and I'm drawing a character this time so I'm more in my element.

"Months before they begin to count, toddlers are teaching themselves the rules of counting. A new study suggests this starts sometime between the ages of 15 and 18 months."

For this cover I'm simply going to draw the image of a toddler either counting numbers in his head and holding an abacus or something to that effect.



Quick fix when I flipped the image and checked it. It was a bit squashed. One side of the face going out farther than it should have and one of his eyes was running away.


Ok, that's enough fixing.


Rough idea of what I'm going for. The toddler in the bottom of the page with a background of mathematical equations.


Clean inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment