Saturday 26 March 2011

Gothic Lolita Step by Step

So this is how the Gothic Lolita character started out and I was going to create her in the same way I had created "punk". When I started playing with the textures, I noticed that the face of the character was both distracting and hard to work around.

So I've taken the illustration in a different direction (which will also be applied to the other characters).

Instead of using block colour and cell shade, I'm going to work with textures instead. I think it works better in the long run.


I'm still going with my original plan of colour coordinating each stereotype. GL's is purple.

I then got rid of the facial features. This is for 2 reason. 1 being that it didn't look right on the character and 2nd because the character become more about the clothes (the things people judge upon). Almost mannequin like.


Finished illustration page. The page opposite will be the insult in the style of the stereotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment