Wednesday 16 February 2011

Strip A Day: Day 5

And now for something completely different. I'm putting this with the 'strip a day' brief because it was something to mark the end of my dissertation. (Which I had bound and handed in last week)

My dissertation was on the depiction of women in comic books and one tiny section was about Batman and how Damien Wayne was conceived. Blah blah, too long to get into. It was relivent.

However, when ever anyone read through my 50 page monstrosity, it was always the mention of Damien that rose questions or shocked eyebrows. "What, Batman's got a kid?" Then the aftermath of watching their eyebrows shoot into their hair line when I explained that Dick Grayson was now also Batman and that he (Bruce) also adopted/took in a bunch of kids. /Simplest terms I could put it in for non comic book readers to understand.

I was highly amused.

Spoof/parody of Frank Quietly's Batman and Robin, Batman Reborn #1 :

No comments:

Post a Comment