Monday 21 February 2011

A political fairy tale is:

“Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.” The Duchess - Lewis Carrol Alice in Wonderland.

Fairy tales are enjoyable on one level and, on another level, they’re quite useful to pass on cultural messages. Little Red Riding Hood is a great story with its exciting (for kids) repetition of the “But grandmother, what big (eyes, ears, teeth) you have” theme. It’s also an ancient reminder not to talk to strangers. Cinderella is a story that is tremendously satisfying, since virtue triumphs, but it was also told as a way to remind children, especially girls, to be passive and good, no matter how heinous their situation. In so many fairy tales, the underlying moral message is clear on its face.
Book Worm

With that said, how do you add a moral to a story without it being to prominent or lost amongst the art work/rest of the story? (Or without getting preachy?)

I'm not sure if there is a moral to this story, it's more of a comment I guess on the current sate of affairs. I'm not very political, nor did I get worked up other university prices rising ect. It doesn't affect me, but it does affect my sisters and nephews who probbaly won't get to go to uni. If they do, they'll be stuck with a massive debt for years. (But so will I)

Ehh, maybe I'm thinking to hard about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment