Friday 25 February 2011

Robbie Bautista


"I'm Robbie, a 23-year old freelance illustrator and graphic designer armed with self-deprecating humor and optimism against the shiz of living in the third world."


I've been following Robbie's work for a couple of years now, starting out on DevinatArt before following him over at his blog Creative Dork.

"The goal I have set for this blog is to spread awareness about Filipino creativity, not only in the visual and performing arts, but every means of self-expression and supporting the creative industry. Wherein being creative does not only mean having a knack for painting, photography, or film-making but merely the fact of being able to create something significant and new."







What I most enjoy about Robbie's work is the story book and childish feel without it feeling cliche. His use of limited lines in his work but a feel for colour has influenced my own work and my own experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment