Monday 17 January 2011

Si Scott

(Posted to PPD as well)

I had my first portfolio review with Si Scott today and I was not really sure about how it would go. He pointed out a couple of my fears such as what I'm going to do when I graduate to tie me over. (Breaking into comic books is hard, I'll need something to do to pay the bills for that first year or so)

When looking through my work, the piece that stood out the most to Si was my Marvel Novelization brief. It surprised me that he actually liked it so much and we spoke about what I could do incorporate that kind of style into some of my briefs this year.

Another aspect he liked were the smaller characters I draw, that there is a darker theme to them despite almost looking like something for a children's books.

I'm taking him comments on board and seeing how I can work these into my final major project briefs but I know it's just one opinion of many. When it comes down to it I need a portfolio that's going to get me a job and Si knows what he's talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment