Thursday 20 January 2011

Brief 1: Trevor Expresions


Quick expressions of Trevor I did this afternoon/evening. I realise I'm worrying too much about the state of his front view when it really is not that much of a problem. Now that I have a variety of expressions for him I can go back and re work the face if needs be.

Upon reflection, I've noticed several things about this style I'm working in. It's based upon the one I developed last summer based on my Icon and the X-woman head shots. I like it, I'm just worried that my different art styles means I'm not going to be noticed that easily. I do enjoy working differently because the subject matter will always dictate how I draw. This is something I'm going to ask about in my portfolio review tomorrow with Mark Howe and at next weeks one to one tutorials.

(However, A contact I've been discussing a live brief with liked this aspect of my art, I'm just waiting on them to get back to me.)


(I think perhaps it's the big eyes which are leading me to believe that I am drawing Megamind and not Trevor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment