Tuesday 18 January 2011

Brief 1: Character 1


Just a quick re cap of the brief before I wrote it out in full.


Basic initial sketches of the first character; Dee-Ell. Took me a few try's to figure out the style and I realised I was working too young. Then I realised I was trying to re develop a style when I already had one that works pretty well.



He's still a little tall and a few tweaks need to be applied before I can finalise his initial designs before moving on to develop him further. I need to have the basic form of the characters before I can can think about costumes and every day clothes.

Edit: Very basic and rough profile view of a very bald Dee-Ell. I'm still unsure what to do with his hair but at least facial structure is looking consistent now. I'm not a very 'clean' illustrator; messy lines and jerky movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment